Mr Jim Martin
- Served 12 years with the Royal Navy as a communications specialist.
- A short period with the River Clyde Port Auxiliary Service providing support to warships.
- 3 years with the Zambian Department of Civil Aviation managing an airfield.
- Over 28 years with GCHQ as a Radio Officer working at Bletchley Park, a station in North Staffordshire, two periods of 3 years duration in Cyprus and at Irton Moor, Scarborough.
- Served as a Scalby School governor for 19 years from 1985.
- A past governor of Newby & Scalby Primary School for 32 years, 28 as Chair. I continue to provide regular voluntary classroom and school visits support.
- A continuing member of the Scarborough Pupil Referral Service Management Committee since its inception in 2000, 15 years as Chair.
- A past Senior Mentor for the North Yorkshire Business & Education Partnership supporting Y10 & Y11 pupils in Scalby School and Whitby Community College.
- A recent member of the NY Schools Forum, now Education Partnership for 8 years additionally sitting on its Finance Working Group and chairing its School Meals Working Group.
- Chaired the Interim Executive Board to facilitate the transfer of Hinderwell Primary School to Academy status.
- A director of The Cober Hill Trust.
- Independent Co-Chair of the North Yorkshire Learning Disabilities Partnership Board and its Local Area Group for Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale.
- 12 years as an elected Member of Scarborough Borough Council.
- 16 years as a director, the majority as Chair of The Cambridge Centre, providing substance misuse services.
- Established the not for profit company, The Gallows Close Centre Ltd in 2005 and continue to serve as the Chair of its Board of Directors providing community hall facilities, principally to the residents of the Barrowcliff, Newby and Northstead areas.
- A past Executive Committee Chair of Scarborough Relate.
- Since coming to Scarborough in 1979 I have provided voluntary support for several local charities.
Abstract vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com