Mr John Armistead
Chair of Members
I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG in 1970, then the profession to work in industry in 1972. Career history:
- Joseph Terry – confectioners – York.
- Rowntrees (now Nestle) – confectioners – York.
- Dunlop & Ranken – steel stockholders – Leeds.
- Dale Electric – electrical equipment manufacturers – Filey.
- Pindar – printing, data management & franchisors – Scarborough.
- Retired as Group Financial Director of Pindar in Dec ’08.
- On the Board of Trustees of St Catherine’s Hospice Scarborough for the past 14 years.
- Trustee and past Treasurer of Scarborough Hospital League of Friends.
- Past President and current Treasurer of Scarborough Rotary Club.
- Past President of the Humberside and District Society of Chartered Accountants.
- A director of Scarborough Theatre Trust (Stephen Joseph Theatre in the Round) for the past 5 years.