Mrs Debra Clapham
I have lived and worked in Scarborough for many years but have a strong allegiance to my Geordie roots!
My teaching career began at St Augustine's where I was Head of PE before leaving to raise our children, Harry and Beth, both former students of Scalby School. Since then, and with the support of husband Nigel, my experiences include
- working on long-term supply contracts at Pindar and Raincliffe Schools
- working as Behaviour Management Coordinator and Head of Year at Raincliffe
- KS4 Director of Learning at Raincliffe
- Head of Upper School at Unity City Academy, Middlesbrough
- Assistant Principal for Inclusion at UCA where I was also on the Board of the Headstart Project, working with multi-agencies, including NHS Middlesbrough, to secure significant funding from the Big Lottery to support young people with mental Health issues
- Teacher Governor
- Behaviour Consultant/Acting VP at Hillsview Academy, Middlesbrough
- NPQH and SEN National Awards
- Foundation Governor at St Peter's Primary School, Scarborough
Although I took advantage of early retirement, I have recently worked as Deputy Head for Behaviour across George Pindar and Graham Schools to help them through their transition into the Hope Learning Trust.
My family are my priority; we treasure time spent together as both Harry and Beth live and work away from Scarborough. Harry works for HSBC in an international role and is currently based in Toronto; Beth is a Lead Practitioner in Maths and is teaching in London.